Monday 28 December 2015

영국여행 | England (Day 15)


Last one! This was the last day before we packed up, headed to the airport, and got on that long, long flight back to Korea.

First of all we met up with one of Nick's friends, and I'm glad we got to meet and walk around Liberty for a while. It's a beautiful shop full of beautiful things and I like to daydream about filling my non-existent house with their products.




But then I had to zoom off to make one of the last arrangements of my holiday, which was with a group of people I've known for a very long time, but never actually managed to meet (other than Syd, once) before now. So I was super nervous as well as excited.

We decided to meet at Five Guys (yet another burger! What am I doing?!) which was great because I'd been meaning to go there for a while. I mean, I know it's just another US burger chain, but with all the hype I at least wanted to check it out.


Actually, we stayed at Five Guys for about...five hours. Quite possibly tried every one of their multitude of soft drinks (they seem to have every shade of Fanta, Coke and Sprite under the sun) and some combinations, which lasted us well after the burgers and fries were long gone, supplemented by the free peanuts. Free peanuts!! After a while we were just cracking them to have something to do with our hands. Not wanting to waste anything, we took all the shelled nuts home in little boxes 🙈


They also provide little cards and crayons so you can draw pictures and pin them to a little board on the wall. Presumably this is more intended for kids, but hey. Don't judge me.

It was so fun to just sit somewhere with lively music and some nice food (it's far superior to the usual McD or BK fare, but not as good as Honest or similar, obv) and just chatting and laughing in a safe, comfortable environment.

After a while (lol. Many, many hours.) we moved on, and I said my goodbyes to go and meet up with Jenny, so this is like Internet BFFs day really.


Somehow, we ended up in Ed's Diner, and drunk on power I proceeded to eat yet another meal, mainly because everyone else said I probably shouldn't/couldn't. Yes, I am in fact 7 years old.

This is Nick disapproving of my order.
We wandered around Chinatown to walk off all the food, which probably explains my "smile through the tears" expression in the first photo.


We're cute tho.


No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird